The user can add funding to children in bulk from the System Settings (please refer to the System Settings -> Terms/Funding documentation on the Support Portal for more information). If the user wishes to add funding to just one child, they can do so from the Funding section of the child’s profile. When the user opens this section, any funding already allocated to the child will be listed here.
To add the child’s extended entitlement codes, click on the ‘Settings’ button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This will open an ‘Extended Entitlement Funding’ pop-up window in which the user can add the relevant codes.
To allocate funding to the child, click on the ‘+’ icon in the top right-hand corner. This will open a ‘Funding Details’ form in which the user can enter details about the funding allocation.
- This drop-down menu is used to select which year the funding is to be applied to.
- This drop-down menu is used to select which term the funding is to be applied to. The terms are set up in the System Settings – please refer to the System Settings -> Terms/Funding documentation on the Support Portal for more information.
- This tick box is used to indicate if the funding is to be stretched over the full year.
- This tick box is used to indicate if the nursery will receive pupil premium funding for this child.
- The user can enter the deprivation weighting in this field.
- This tick box is used to indicate if the user has received a declaration form from the child’s parent/carer.
- The user can either input the entitlement as number of hours/week or as number of hours/term. Clicking on the one of these tick boxes will allow the user to enter the number of hours into the relevant ‘Universal Entitlement (UE)’ and ‘Extended Entitlement (EE)’ fields. The ‘Total Entitlement’ field will be automatically populated with the sum of the number in the UE and EE fields.
Once the user clicks ‘Save’ the details of the funding will be listed on the main Funding page in the child’s profile.
The four buttons on the right-hand side of the list allow the user to view, edit, update or delete the funding allocation. Clicking on the ‘update allocation’ button (the cash icon) opens an ‘Invoice View’ page displaying the total number of funded hours the child has per term and a weekly breakdown of where the funding is being allocated. This page also shows which weeks are term weeks, holiday weeks and partial holiday weeks. The user can edit the amount of universal entitlement and extended entitlement in a week and then click ‘Update Funding’ at the bottom of the page to save the changes.