The Other Settings page displays the child to staff ratios for each age group. Ratios for age groups 0 to 1, 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 are set up on the system by default. The list displays the name, description and value of the ratio, as well as the lower and upper ages of the age group.
The user can view, edit or delete the existing ratios using the eye, pen and bin buttons on the right-hand side of the screen, or change the default ratio by updating the field at the bottom of the screen. The user can also search for a ratio by entering full or partial details into the blank fields at the top of the list.
The user can add a new ratio by clicking on the ‘+’ button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This will open a ‘Child:Staff Ratios – Create’ form, in which the user can enter details of the ratio.
- The name of the child:staff ratio can be entered in this field.
- A brief description of the child:staff ratio can be entered in this field.
- The lower age for a child in this group can be entered in this field.
- The upper age for a child in this group can be entered in this field.
- The child:staff ratio can be entered in this field.