The Reporting page has a function which allows users to produce customised reports. To access the existing custom reports or to create a new custom report, click on the Custom tab in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Clicking the Custom tab will open a new page displaying a list of the custom reports the user has already created.
Clicking on the ‘+’ icon in the top right-hand corner of the page will open a ‘Reports – View’ page in which the user can select the type of report they would like to create.
- This drop-down menu is used to select which category the report will collate details from: children, staff or enquiries.
- This drop-down menu is used to select which subcategory the report will collate details from.
- If the user has more than one branch, the branch the user is creating the report for can be selected here. The user can also select to create the report for all branches or can select multiple branches.
Once the user has selected the category and subcategory, a list of tick boxes will appear relating to that subcategory. The user can tick the boxes they would like to appear on the report.
Once the user has selected the required tick boxes, they can click the ‘Next’ button to progress to the Filter and Options page. On this page the user can set the filters and conditions used on the report.
- The names of the tick boxes the user selected on the previous page will be listed here.
- The user can select the filter options, such as ‘equal to’ or ‘not equal to’, using these drop-down menus.
- The user can select the filter value using these drop-down menus. For example, if the user would like to create this report for invoices generated throughout 2019, the user would select ‘Equal to’ in the ‘Select filter’ column and then select ‘2019’ in the ‘Select filter value’ column.
- The condition of the filter can be set here as either ‘And’ or ‘Or’. These will be set to ‘And’ by default. For example, the user could select a filter of ‘month = January’ and a filter of ‘year = 2019’. If the user selects the condition as ‘And’ the report will show data relating to January 2019. If the user selects the condition as ‘Or’ the report will show all the data relating to January or to 2019.
Once the user has finished setting their required filters and conditions, they can click the ‘Next’ button to create the report.
From this page the user can download a PDF file or CSV file of the report. The user can also click ‘Next’ to save the report to the Custom Reports page.
- The name of the report can be entered in this field.
- A description of the report can be entered in this field.
- The user can select who has access to this report. By default, ‘Only for me’ will be selected. However, the user can change this so that specific access roles can also run the report.
- The user can select which nurseries they would like to save this report for. The user can select one nursery, multiple nurseries or all nurseries.
Once the user clicks ‘Save’ the report will be accessible via the Custom tab on the Reporting page. The user can click on the name of the report to view it on the screen. Alternatively, the user can click the buttons on the right-hand side of the list to download or email a PDF or a CSV file of the report. The user can also delete the report using the bin icon on the far right-hand side of the list.