The eyLog application can be installed on any Android operated tablets and consists of three steps:
- Enabling the installation of APK files on the tablet
- Downloading the eyLog application APK file to the tablet
- Installing the eyLog application
Step 1: Enabling the Installation of APK Files on the Tablet
The eyLog application is not available through the Google Play Store, therefore needs to be downloaded and installed from our servers. To install such APKs from sources not known to the Google Play Store, a security policy on the tablet needs to be enabled.
- From the Home screen, click on the ‘Settings’ icon. Note: If the ‘Settings’ icon is not visible on the Home screen click on the ‘Apps’ icon and you will find it listed here.
- Tap on the ‘General’ tab at the top of the screen. Note: This step may not be applicable on all tablet models.
- Under the heading ‘Personal’ on the left, click on ‘Security’.
- Untick the checkbox ‘Verify apps’.
- Tick the checkbox ‘Unknown Sources’ and click ‘OK’ when the warning message appears.
- Click on the Home button at the bottom of the screen to go back to Home screen.
Step 2: Downloading the eyLog Application APK File to the Tablet
- Click on the ‘Internet’ icon to open the web browser on the tablet.
- Type in the following web address: https://eylog.co.uk/support/apk/eylog.apk
The browser will automatically download the APK file and will save it to the ‘Downloads’ folder on the tablet.
Step 3: Installing the eyLog Application
From the ‘Apps’ screen, click on the ‘My Files’ icon and navigate to the ‘Downloads’ location. In the list of downloaded files, tap the eylog.apk file.
Click ‘Next’ then ‘Install’ in the dialog box that pops up to complete the installation.
After the installation is complete, click ‘Open’ to open the eyLog application, the Serial ID and Password screen will load. Enter the 16 digit Seral ID and Password unique to your nursery.
Note: These can be found on your Manager Dashboard under ‘Settings’ then ‘System’.
Note: Kindly make sure to enter them exactly as shown retaining the case and hyphens.
After the application is configured, the Staff screen will load ready to start using to app.
Note: To create a shortcut for eyLog application on the Home screen, tap and hold the application icon on the list of Apps then drag and drop the icon on to the Home screen and/or to the list of icons in the bottom task bar.