Any event types that the company needs to schedule for both staff and children can be added on this page. Examples of events include appraisals and bicycle training. The events ‘Maternity’, ‘Pay Increase’, ‘Pay Decrease’ and ‘Contracted Hours Change’ are set up on the system by default. These events cannot be changed as they are linked with other aspects of the system – further information on this can be found on the Staff page of the Support Portal. To add an event, the user can click on the ‘+’ button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This will bring up a ‘Staff/Child Event – Create’ form, in which the user can enter details about the event type.
- The name of the event type can be entered in this field.
- A description of the event type can be entered in this field.
- The name of the first date can be entered in this field, i.e. date effective from. The user can tick the box if they would like to receive a notification on this date. The notification will appear in the Staff Events/Documents section of the Dashboard under the Events tab.
- The name of the second date can be entered in this field, i.e. date effective to. The user can tick the box if they would like to receive a notification on this date. The notification will appear in the Staff Events/Documents section of the Dashboard under the Events tab.
- A title name to explain what data needs to be captured can be entered in this field, i.e. amount to increase pay.
- A title name for the notes column, which can be used to add further notes, can be entered here.
- These two tick boxes allow the user to indicate whether this event relates to staff, children or both.
The event types created will be displayed in a list on the Staff/Child Record Events page. From here an even type can be viewed, edited, deleted or have its status changed to either active or inactive using the eye, pen, bin and tick buttons on the right-hand side of the list. An event type can also be searched for by entering full or partial details into any of the blank fields at the top of the list.
The event types will then form a drop-down list on the ‘Staff/Child Event Type’ form on the staff/child profile. Once the user has clicked on the name of the event type, the window will become populated with the rest of the fields set up when creating the event type on the Staff/Chile Record Events page.