Any document types that the nursery needs to keep a record of for both children and staff can be added on this page. Examples of these documents are birth certificates, driving licenses, DBS certificates or passport scans. To add a document type, the user can click on the '+' button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This will open a 'Staff/Child Document - Create' form, in which the user can enter details about the document type.
- The name of the document can be entered in this field, i.e. driving license.
- A description of the document can be entered in this field, i.e. scan of driving license.
- A name for the first date can be entered here, i.e. start date. The user can tick the box if they would like to receive a notification on this date. The notification will appear in the Staff Events/Documents section of the Dashboard under the Documents tab.
- A name for the second date can be entered in this field, i.e. expiry date. The user can tick the box if they would like to receive a notification on this date. The notification will appear in the Staff Events/Documents section of the Dashboard under the Documents tab.
- A title name to explain what data needs to be captured can be entered in this field.
- A title name for the notes column, which can be used to add further notes, can be added in this field.
- These two tick boxes allow the user to indicate whether this document type is for staff, children or both.
As the user creates document types, they will appear in a list on the Staff/Child Record Documents page. The user can view, edit, delete or change the status of a document type to active or inactive using the eye, pen, bin or tick buttons on the right-hand side of the list. A document type can also be searched for by entering full or partial details into the blank fields at the top of the list. Document types can also be filtered to show only active or inactive document types using the drop-down menu at the top of the Status column.
The document types created on this page will then form a drop-down menu on the 'Staff/Child Document - Create' form on the staff/child profiles. Once the user has selected a document type, the two date fields that were specified when creating the document type appear on the form for the user to fill in. The user can then upload the document by clicking the 'Choose file' button and selecting the relevant document.