Before requesting an absence/holiday, a member of staff can check the branch calendar to see if any other members of staff have requested leave on the same day. To do this, go to the Calendar section and tick ‘Show Staff Absence’. This will show any holidays that have been requested members of staff. Each absence/holiday is colour coordinated depending on the type of absence requested and whether the absence has been approved or not. If the absence is awaiting approval it will be shown in red. If an absence/holiday has been approved, it will show in blue for a holiday, light blue for a sickness, purple for an early finish or green for a late start.
A member of staff can make a request for a holiday or absence by going to the Staff Scheduling section of their profile. Click in the ‘All Day’ section of the date you wish to request an absence/holiday for. This will open a ‘Create – Absence’ form in which the member of staff can enter details about the absence/holiday they are requesting.
- The type of absence can be selected from this drop-down menu, either Holiday, Late Start, Early Finish, Sickness, Dependent Leave or Compassionate Leave.
- The date of the request will be auto-filled to the current date. This date cannot be changed.
- The start date of the absence/holiday can be entered here. This will be auto-filled with the date the user clicked on to create the absence/holiday but can be changed by clicking in the field and selecting the required date from the calendar that appears.
- The finish date of the absence/holiday can be entered here. This will be auto-filled with the date the user clicked on to create the absence/holiday but can be changed by clicking in the field and selecting the required date from the calendar that appears.
- A reason for the holiday can be selected from this drop-down menu – either Annual Holiday, Medical or Other.
- Any notes or a description of the absence/holiday can be entered in this field.
- The staff member’s total holiday entitlement in hours per year is displayed here. For more information on holiday entitlement, please refer to the Staff -> Contract/Entitlement documentation on the Support Portal.
- The holiday hours that will be used in the absence/holiday the member of staff is currently requesting is displayed here. This will default to the number of hours the staff member is contracted to work in a day but can be changed manually.
- The total number of holiday hours the staff member has used in the current contract year is displayed in this field.
- The total number of holiday hours the staff member has remaining in the current contract year is displayed in this field.
- This tick box is used to indicate if this absence/holiday will be unpaid.
Upon clicking ‘Save’ the absence/holiday will be added to the staff member’s schedule in red, indicating that it is awaiting approval by a manager. Once the absence/holiday has been approved, it will change colour depending on the type of absence/holiday requested.