Clicking on the ‘Staff’ menu option on the main menu on the left-hand side of the screen will open a page displaying summary profiles for every staff member employed at the nursery. These boxes contain a summary of the staff member’s details, as explained below.
- This drop-down menu can be used to reorganise the staff view. The staff can be ordered by first name, last name, room or date of birth.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether inactive staff members should be displayed.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether staff members across all branches should be displayed.
- These four icons allow to user to perform various functions, as described later in this document (sections 1 to 4).
- The user can switch between this grid view and a map view of staff by using these tabs. The map view shows red markers on the location of the practitioners' post codes. If the user hovers the cursor over the marker, the practitioner's name will appear. Clicking on the marker will open the practitioner's profile.
- A summary of the staff member’s profile is displayed in a grid view. The summary includes a photo of the staff member, their name, ID number, email address, job role and assigned room. The days the staff member is scheduled to work in the current week are displayed in the top right-hand corner of the box. Any tags linked to the staff member are displayed in the bottom left-hand corner.
- These four icons can be used to perform various functions, as described later in this document (sections five to nine).
1. Searching for a Staff Member
If the user hovers their cursor over the search icon a search bar will appear. The user can enter full or partial details to search for a staff member. As the user starts typing, the system will display only the staff members whose names contain those letters. The system will also show the job roles and room names that contain those letters. The letters within the job role or room/staff member’s name will be highlighted in yellow for clarification.
2. Adding a Staff Member
When eyMan is set up, the Support Team will create a demo staff member on the system. This allows the user to get hands-on experience using the system without affecting actual staff information. To add a new member of staff, click on the ‘+’ icon in the top right-hand corner of the page. This will open a ‘Profile – Create’ form in which the user can enter details about the new member of staff. For more information on adding a staff member, please refer to the Staff -> Adding a Member of Staff documentation on the Support Portal.
3. Send a Staff Profile Form
Clicking on the envelope icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen allows the user to send a staff profile form out to one member of staff, a group of staff or to all members of staff. When the user clicks on this icon, a ‘Send Staff Profile Form’ pop-up window will open in which the user can select who they would like to send the form to. This can be done either in the ‘Select Tag’ field by selecting certain tags, so that only staff members with that tag receive the form, or in the ‘Select Staff’ field. By default, the ‘Select Staff’ field will be set to ‘All’. However, the user can change this by entering full or partial details into the field and clicking on the required names. The profile form will be emailed to the relevant staff members via their primary email address. Any members of staff without a primary email address will not appear in the ‘Select Staff’ search and will not receive the staff profile form.
4. Importing Staff Data
Clicking on the upload icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen will open a new page in which the user can upload a CSV file. Clicking in the blank field will open the user’s documents folder on their computer from which they can search for and select the required CSV file.
5. Changing Staff Branch
Clicking on the house icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the profile summary box will open a ‘Change Staff Branch’ form in which the user can select a new branch for the staff member. The user can also set a date that the branch change is effective from by clicking on the 'Effective Date' field and selecting the required date from the calendar that appears. This functionality is only available to users with the following access levels: company admin, HR admin and HR standard.
6. Staff Scheduling
Clicking on the calendar icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the profile summary box will open the ‘Staff Scheduling’ section of a staff member’s profile. For further information on creating a staff member’s schedule, please refer to the Staff -> Staff Scheduling documentation on the Support Portal.
7. Edit a Staff Member’s Profile
Clicking on the pen icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the profile summary box will open the staff member’s profile. From this page the user can edit the staff member’s details. Once the user has edited the necessary fields they can click on ‘Update’ to save the changes, or on ‘Next’ to edit details in the next section of the staff member’s profile (general details).
8. Downloading Staff Details
Clicking on the download icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the profile summary box will download a PDF of the staff profile form. This PDF displays the staff member’s general details, medical details, employee details and bank details. The nursery logo is displayed in the top left-hand corner and the date and time the profile was downloaded is displayed in the top right-hand corner.
9. Deleting a Staff Member’s Profile
Only the eyLog Support Team can delete members of staff. Please contact the Support Team if you have accidentally added duplicate staff profiles and would like the duplicate to be deleted, or if a staff member’s details need to be removed as per a GDPR request.