Any document types that the company needs to keep a record of for both children and staff can be added on this page. Examples of these documents are birth certificates, driving licenses, DBS certificates or passport scans. To add a new document type, click on the '+' button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- The name of the document can be entered here, i.e. driving license.
- A description of the document can be entered in this field.
- A name for the first date can be entered here, i.e. start date.
- A name for the second date can be entered here, i.e. expiry date.
- A title name to explain what data needs to be captured can be entered in this field.
- A title name for the notes column, which can be used to add further notes, can be added in this field.
- These two tick boxes can be used to indicate whether this document is for staff, children, or both.
As the user creates document types, they will appear in a list on the Document Type page. The user can view, edit, delete or change the status of the document to active or inactive using the buttons on the right-hand side of the list. A document can also be searched for by entering full or partial details into the blank fields at the top of the list.
The document types will then form a drop-down menu on the 'Staff/Child Document - Create' form on the staff/child profile. Once the user has selected a document type, they can upload the document by clicking the 'Choose file' button.