Additional service offered by all branches of the user's nursery can be added as a chargeable or non-chargeable product or service. These products can be identified as either inventory or a service:
- Inventory is a product with associated stock, such as nappies, Calpol or sun cream.
- Service is an additional product offered to children, such as breakfast, lunch or a trip.
Once these products are added to the system, they can be incorporated into a child's schedule from the child scheduling screen, where they will be invoiced automatically or added to a manual invoice.
To create a new product or service, click on the '+' icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This will open a 'Product/Service - Create' form where the user can enter details of the product or service.
- The name of the product or service can be entered in this field.
- A description of the product or service can be entered here.
- This drop-down menu allows the user to determine if the product is inventory or a service.
- The default price of the product or service can be entered here.
- The default cost of the product or service can be entered here.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether the price of the product or service is included in the session rates.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether the product or service is displayed on the child scheduling screen.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether the product or service is added to the monthly invoices. If ticked, this will be added to every child's invoice except where the amount is zero. For example, the cost of a trip can be added to every child's invoice, but not for funded children.
- The user can add any comments/notes on the product or service in this field.
As the user creates their required products and services, they will appear in a list on the Products and Services page. From here a product/service can be viewed, edited, deleted or changed to active or inactive. The user can also search for a product or service by entering full or partial details into any of the blank fields at the top of the list.
If the user ticked the 'Show on child scheduling' box, the products and services can be found listed on the 'Book a Session' form on the child scheduling page. The user can tick the relevant boxes for the days the child requires these products/services. The name of the product or service will then appear on the child's schedule.