This page allows the user to enter details of key staff activities so they can they can be assigned to members of staff on the staff schedule. Some activities, such as 'CARE' and 'Training (Paid)', are set up on the system by default. By clicking on the '+' button in the top right-hand corner of the page the user can add their own activities. Clicking on this button opens an 'Activity/Pay Type - Create' form where the user can enter the details of the activity.
- The name of the activity can be added in this field.
- A description of the activity can be added in this field.
- The payroll reference can be added here.
- The colour of the activity can be allocated here to make it easily identifiable on staff schedules.
- The type of activity can be selected using this drop-down menu - either Excluded from Wages % Calculation, Childcare, Training or Other.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether this activity is unpaid.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether the staff member needs to be counted in ration for this activity.
As the activities are added they will be displayed in a list on the Activity and Pay Types page, highlighting the main details of each activity. From this point, the user can click on the buttons on the right-hand side of the list to view, edit, delete or change the status of an activity to active or inactive. The user can also search for an activity by entering full or partial into one of the blank fields at the top of the list.
These activities will then appear in a drop-down menu on the staff scheduling section of the staff profile. As they are assigned, the activities will appear on the staff member's schedule in the colours selected when creating the activity.