When eyMan is set up for your nursery, the Support Team will create a Demo Child, a Demo Staff and a Demo Room to allow users to work on the system and get a hands-on experience without affecting an actual child or staff information.
The ‘Children’ option on the main menu, displays a list of all the children that are currently enrolled in the nursery. The profiles of children who have funding entitlement can be immediately identified where there is a grey background whilst non-funded children’s profiles have a white background, as shown below.
By default, the screen opens in the normal Grid view, in the top right corner there is also an option to view the children’s profiles in the Map view. The Map view can be useful for demographic analysis and marketing purposes.
To search for a child, click on the search icon in the top right corner to expand the search bar and enter full or partial detail for the child.
Please see an explanation of the different icons on the list screen explained below.
Top right corner of the profile shows the days of the current week the child is scheduled in for sessions at the nursery, in this example, Alice Cooke is booked in for Monday and Thursday only.
Indicates the age of the child
Indicates the room or group child is assigned to
Indicates the name of the key worker that is allocated to the child
Select to schedule day/hours the child will be attending the nursery
Select to create an invoice for the child
Select to view funding entitlement for the child in more detail.
Select to edit the profile of the child.
Select to delete the child. (Restricted access to this feature)
To add a new child profile, click the icon in the top right corner of the screen.
On the child’s profile, all personal information can be logged and the child can be assigned to a room/group and linked to a key worker at the nursery. Additional information such as parental details for up to 6 carers, general details and medical details can also be recorded.
From the profile, the child can be scheduled to different sessions types and other add on services such as breakfast/lunch etc. can be added on as part of their booking. Funding entitlement for the child can be assigned as required and any relevant documents can be uploaded for the nursery’s records.
Please see an explanation of the different fields on this screen explained below.
- Enter the Child’s First/Middle and Last Name.
- This creates a link between two children and copies parent details from one to the other. Any changes made to one child will automatically update the other child.
- This is the unique reference number that is automatically generated by the eyMan system and assigned to the child when they are enrolled on the system.
- Enter the preferred name of the child, if required.
- Select the child’s gender from the drop down box.
- Enter the child’s date of birth.
- Enter the child’s enrolment date.
- Enter the child’s start date at the nursery.
- Enter the child’s estimated leave date.
- Enter the child’s address/postcode details.
- Enter the child’s birth certificate number.
- Select the room that the child will be assigned from the drop down box.
- Select the key person that will be allocated to the child from the drop down box.
- Enter any discount offered for this child. For example, if the nursery offers a sibling discount it can be entered here. The discount entered here will automatically be deducted from invoices.
- Indicate here whether the child is linked to a member of staff at the nursery.
- Select the preferred session from the drop down list. All the sessions that are available to book will appear in the drop down. Once a preferred session is selected, this will appear as the default session on the child scheduling pages to save time when booking sessions for a child.
- There are three options to choose from in the Booking Type:
- Permanent – Most children fall into this category, their scheduled sessions do not vary during the year and would normally have an end date as the last date of the academic year.
- Shift – This option should be chosen if a parent does shift work and the children would need to be booked in as per the parent’s shifts. Bookings can still be repeated for certain days of the week if required.
- Emergency Booker -
- When term time only functionality is activated, the system picks up the terms as defined in your Terms/Funding screen. For any child marked as Term Time only on their profile, any sessions scheduled across the holiday periods will no longer be visible on the system and will not be invoiced. They will not appear on the staff scheduling screen, dashboard or occupancy charts. In order to create a session for a child during this holiday period, you will need to mark the session as an extra session.
Please note that the sessions are not deleted, just hidden. They still form part of any series of sessions and if you clear the term time only tick box on the child's profile, the sessions will then be restored. This means that a repeat pattern booking can be created without the need to delete any sessions appearing in half-terms or holidays.
The term time only tick box on a child's profile has no bearing on the type of funding that can be allocated to a child. This is purely determined by the use of the Stretched Funding tick box on the funding term at the time the term is allocated to a child.
- If a child is marked as funded only, no minimum booking fees will be applied during invoicing. This can also be used in reporting functionalities.
- Select these checkboxes as relevant. This links with the reporting features of eyMan and if checked will enable reports to be produced for term time only and funded only children. The ‘Active’ checkbox is automatically ticked when a new child is being created. If the child needs to be de-activated at any time, this box should be marked as unchecked.
- This tick box is used for children that are looked after by foster parents. This is used as part of cohort tracking in the eyLog system, and is used as more of a reference rather than having a direct impact on the functionality of the system.
- Pupil Premium, also known as Early Years Pupil Premium,shows any child that receives additional funding per hour from the government.
This tick box can be used for any child necessary, and can be used for cohort tracking in eyLog and as a reference in custom reports in eyMan.
- The Siblings field will show any child at the nursery that the sibling is linked to, and siblings can be enrolled by clicking on the 'Enrol Sibling' button as seen in number 2.
- This field shows the last time the child's profile was updated, and which staff member it was updated by.
- These fields will only appear on the child’s profile if ‘Equally Spread- Months’ has been selected in the ‘Invoice Settings’. Monthly Invoice Amount, Monthly Invoice Start Date and Monthly Invoice Finish Date will be automatically populated when Step 20 is completed.
- This will only appear on the child’s profile if ‘Equally Spread- Months’ has been selected in the ‘Invoice Settings’ and should only be used once a child’s sessions have been scheduled. Once sessions have been booked for the child, please refer to page 48, click ‘Calculate Amount’ to open the pop screen as shown below. Select the required start date of the invoice in ‘From Month’ and end date of the invoice in ‘To Month’ using the calendar view. Then click the ‘Calculate’ button in the bottom right corner to create the monthly invoices.
Details for up to six parents/carers can be recorded on eyMan including the option to capture details as to which of these are authorised to collect the child and who is the bill payer.
- Authorised to Collect - Select this tick box if the parent/carer is authorised to collect the child from the nursery.
- Emergency Contact - Select this tick box if the parent/carer can be contacted in case of emergency.
- Bill Payer - Select this tick box if the parent/carer pays the nursery invoices.
- Parental Responsibility - Select this tick box if they hold the legal rights, duties and powers for a child.
- If the address in this field is not pre-populated, enter an address or click on ‘Copy from child’ to populate the same address details as in the child’s profile.
Enter an address if different to Parent 1 or click on ‘Copy from Parent 1’ to populate the same address details as in Parent 1.
‘Cancel’ will exit, ‘Reset’ will clear all data and ‘Save’ will save the document type and exit to the Children list view. If the ‘Previous’ button is clicked, this takes user to the previous page which is the child profile page. If the ‘Next’ tab is clicked, this will save all the information input on this page and take the user into the next section which is the ‘General Details’.
The ‘General Details’ page captures information related to payment method/terms, ethnicity, religion, first language, collection password, allergies, dietary requirements etc. It is in this section that relevant information relating to vulnerability, Special Education Needs and Disability/CAF, Health Visitor name and contact and Social Worker name and contact can also be input.
If the child attends a school and but also attends the nursery for after-school club, the school name, school teacher, school phone, school start time and end time can be captured here. Once all information has been added, click on the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right corner to save all information and progress onto the next section which is the ‘Medical Details’.
The child’s Doctor details including name, address and phone number can be captured in this section. If the child has any prescribed medication, details can also be input here along with the child’s information relating to vaccinations.
Click on the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right corner to save all information and progress onto the next section which is the ‘Child Scheduling’.
To setup funding for a child, open the child’s profile click and select ‘Funding Details’ from the menu on the left. Then click the icon in the top right corner of the screen to add funding entitlement.
Please see an explanation of the different fields on this screen explained below.
- This should be checked if the child avails stretched funding i.e. funding applicable even during term/funding holidays. If the box is checked, the holidays section (Step 7 & 8) will not be available in this screen.
- Funding can only be claimed when the parent has completed and signed the parent declaration form. This box has to be checked as a confirmation that the nursery has received this.
- Select the year from the drop down list.
- Select the correct term from the drop down list.
- Start Date is automatically populated when step 4 is completed.
- Finish Date is automatically populated when step 4 is completed.
- Term/funding holidays are automatically populated when step 4 is completed.
- Branch Calendar holidays are also automatically populated when step 4 is completed.
- Enter the funding entitlement.
- Note: Enter either the number of hours per week or the number of hours per term. Entering one value will automatically populate the other.
- This shows the number of funding entitlement hours already used during the term.
- This shows the remaining number of funding entitlement hours available for the rest of the term.
- Select ‘Update’ to save the details of funding entitlement entered, ‘Cancel’ to return to the main menu.
Once entitlement has been added for a term, the main menu will list the different funding terms that have been updated for the child. In the example below, Alice has funding entitlement updated only for the Spring 2017 term.
Select the icon to view the funding allocation in more detail.
Select the icon to edit the funding allocation details.
Select the icon to delete the funding allocation for the child.
Select the icon to view and update funding allocation on a weekly basis. The funding entitlement hours can be edited from here as required.
The weekly view of the funding is especially useful if the child attends two different nurseries, the funding entitlement can be split between the nurseries and the actual entitlement hours input for each week here.
Once the hours have been edited, click the ‘Update Funding’ button in the bottom right corner to save the changes. The new funding hours will then be reflected in the funding details section as shown below.