To set invoice preferences select ‘Invoice Settings’ from the menu, this will display all the different options available for invoice creations including email and PDF settings, wording and design.
Please see an explanation of the different fields on this screen explained below.
- Select invoice generation as either spread equally between months or to invoice for the actual sessions in a month.
- Enter the number of months the invoice generation should calculate into the future, this is especially important when invoices are equally spread across months.
- Select the frequency for invoice generation, currently this is only a Monthly option.
- Select if invoices should be generated based on strict calendar dates e.g. the same date every month or weekly calendar e.g. the last Monday of the previous month to the last Friday of the next month
- Select if invoices should be generated either for the same month or the next month.
- Enter the date the invoice should be raised for the month chosen specified in Step 5
- Enter the invoice due date.
- Enter an invoice prefix if required, this is especially useful if there is more than one branch.
- Enter a starting invoice number, this could be set as 1 or 0001.
- Enter an invoice suffix if required.
- If this box is ticked, then the date span of the invoice will be displayed.
- This is only available when 'Invoice Generate Type' is set to 'Equally Spread - Months'. This has two choices:
- Equally Spread - Months - Use this if you wish to average the total number of funded hours equally across the number of selected months. This is always equal to the value in Invoice Generate Month Account (number 2 in screenshot above)
- Equally Spread - Terms - Use this if you wish to average the total number of funded hours across each term. For example, the Spring Term is 3 months long and 300 hours are available. Equally spread hours across the term would mean that 100 hours are available each month.
Invoice Email and PDF Settings
The email and PDF invoice settings use tags as shown on the right-hand side of the screen below. This feature ensures that any time a branch’s details are modified on the main ‘Branch/Nursery’ settings page, the tags will automatically pull the updated details from the system and reflect the same on the invoices generated without the need to edit any other setting.
When creating a PDF invoice, there is also an option to create a custom header that will then appear on the PDF copy. Alternatively, a company header logo/image can be incorporated into this (see Invoice PDF Settings in image below)
Once the invoice settings have been saved, to generate invoices, click on ‘Generate Invoices’ in the top right corner. Please see an explanation of the different fields on this screen explained below.
- Select the year.
- Select the month for which the invoice is being created.
- The invoice date should be the same date as on the ‘Invoice Settings’ screen.
- The invoice due date should be the same date as on the ‘Invoice Settings’ screen.
- Select the child from the drop down list for whom the invoice is being generated.
- Select this box if an invoice should be generated for all the children in the nursery.
- Click on the ‘Generate Invoices’ button to generate the invoices. The invoices will then appear for the individual children under their ‘Invoice Details’.
Invoices can be regenerated if the original invoice has been deleted, if there have been changes to the schedule that need to be invoiced or if any invoices settings have been changed. To do this, click on 'Regenerate Invoices' in the top right hand corner. Please see an explanation of the different fields on this screen explained below.
- Select the year.
- Select the month for which the invoice is being regenerated.
- Select the child for which the invoice is being regenerated.
- Select this box if an invoice should be regenerated for all children in the nursery.
- Click on 'Regenerate Invoices' to regenerate the invoices. The invoices will then appear for the individual children under their 'Invoice Details'.
Send Invoice Email
- Select the year
- Select the month for the invoice you wish to be emailed.
- Select the child
- Select this box if an Invoice email should be sent for all children in the nursery.
- Click on 'Send Invoices Email'
Invoices can be locked by accounts administrators in order to prevent any changes being made to invoices.This can be done by pressing 'Lock Invoices' in the top right hand corner.