Additional services offered by the nursery can be added as a chargeable or non-chargeable product or service. These products can be identified as either inventory or a service:
- Inventory is a product with associated stock, such as nappies, wipes or sun cream.
- Service is an additional product offered to children, such as breakfast, lunch or tea.
Once these products are added to the system, they can be incorporated into a child's schedule from the child scheduling screen, where they will be invoiced automatically or added to a manual invoice.
To create a new product or service, click on the '+' icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This will open a 'Product/Service - Create' form in which the user can enter details of the product or service.
- The name of the product or service can be entered in this field.
- A description of the product or service can be entered here.
- This drop-down menu allows the user to determine if the product is an inventory or a service.
- The default price of the product or service can be entered in this field.
- The default cost of the product or service can be entered in this field.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether the price of the product or service is included in the session rates.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether the product or service is displayed on the child scheduling screen.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether the product or service is added once to the monthly/termly/weekly invoices. This will be added to every child's invoice, except zero value invoices for funded only children.
- The user can add any comments/notes on the product or service in this field.
As the user creates their required products and services, they will appear in a list on the Products and Services page. From here a product/service can be viewed, edited, deleted or have its status changed to active or inactive using the eye, pen, bin and tick buttons on the right-hand side of the list. The user can also search for a product or service by entering full or partial details into any of the blank fields at the top of the list. The products and services can also be filtered to only show the active or inactive items by using the drop-down menu at the top of the status column.
The user can also modify the rates of a product or service by clicking on the edit (pen) button next to the product/service they wish to modify. This will open a 'Product/Service - Edit' form. To modify the rates, click on the 'Modify Rates' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the form. This will bring up a new field in which the user can enter the date they would like to make the rate change effective from. This means that no invoices before this date will be affected by the rate change. Change the default price field to the new rate and click the 'Update' button to save the changes.
If the user ticked the 'Show on Child Scheduling Screen' box, the products and services can be found listed on the 'Book a Session' form on the child scheduling page. The user can tick the relevant boxes for the days the child requires these products/services. The name of the product or service will then appear on the child's schedule.