Rooms that are available for use in the nursery are displayed on this page. The rooms 'Office' and 'Training (Paid)' are set up on the system by default. Other rooms will be set up on this page by the Support Team in accordance with the information provided by the nursery on the eyMan set-up form. In addition to this there will be a Demo Room set up for trial and demonstration purposes. This allows the user to practice using the system without affecting any actual data.
Each room is displayed in a box along with a summary of the room details. The capacity of the room, the age group (in months) of the children scheduled to used the room, and the colour of the room will be displayed in this summary box. In the bottom right-hand corner of each summary box are three icons, an eye, a pen and a bin, which can be used to view, edit and delete a room respectively. If a user chooses to delete a room this will automatically unlink all staff and children assigned to the room. The user can also search for a room by placing the cursor over the search icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen and entering full or partial details into the blank field that appears.
To add a new room, the user can click on the '+' icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This will open a 'Room/Group - Create' form in which the user can enter details of the room.
- A photo of the room/group can be uploaded by clicking on the 'Upload Photo' button.
- The name of the room can be entered in this field.
- A description of the room can be entered here.
- The lower age limit of the room (in months) can be entered in this field.
- The upper age limit of the room (in months) can be entered in this field.
- The capacity of the room can be entered here. The room capacity is the maximum number of children the room can hold.
- This drop-down menu allows the user to select a colour for the room, which helps identify the room in the main Rooms/Groups view and on schedules/occupancy charts.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether this room is being created for an existing branch/nursery. This can only be edited on the Global Settings.
- This field is used to list children that would be assigned to this room. The user can add children by entering full or partial details into the field and clicking the relevant child's name. Children can also be linked to a room via the child's profile. For further information on this, please refer to the Children -> Adding a Child documentation on the Support Portal.
- This field is used to list staff that would be assigned to this room. The user can add staff by entering full or partial details into the field and clicking on the relevant staff member's name. Staff can also be linked to a room via the staff member's profile. For further information on this, please refer to the Staff -> Adding a Member of Staff documentation on the Support Portal.
- This tick box allows the user to indicate whether this room is used for children sessions. Only rooms used for children sessions are included in occupancy charts and certain reporting functionalities. An example of a room that could be added but not used for children sessions (i.e. only used for scheduling staff) would be a kitchen.
At the top of the Rooms/Groups page there is a settings button which is used to set the automatic room movement settings. By turning on automatic room movement, the system will automatically move children to the next room when they reach the specified age. Clicking on the settings button opens a 'Room Movement Settings' pop-up window which allows the user to turn automatic room movement on or off. The user can also determine the timing of the room movement as either on the day of age change or the following week of age change.