New children can be added easily at any time from the Manager Dashboard. To add a child follow the steps below:
1. Once you are logged in, click on the ‘Children’ tab at the top of the screen.
2. From this screen, click on ’Add New’.
3. You can now fill in details for the new child including name, DOB, start date, gender, ethnicity, d and a photograph.
4. You can also assign the child to a group. Click on 'Select' to see the drop down list and select from the groups within the nursery.
5. A Key Person can also be assigned at this stage, or can be added later if required. Click on the name that has appeared next to ‘Key Person’ to see the drop down list and choose from the staff members allocated to the selected group. Note: You will not be able to assign a key person to the child until you have assigned the child to a group.
6. You can also determine whether the child is part of a particular educational needs group such as English as an Additional Language (EAL), Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Looked After Children (LAC), by ticking the checkbox next to group name.
7. Then click ‘Submit’ and the child will appear on the Children screen on your Manager Dashboard.
Note: This process will need to be repeated for all children individually.
Once you have submitted the new child/children, remember to refresh the Children List screen by dragging down on the screen until a green loading circle appears. This needs to be done to all your tablets and will update the application with any new children's profiles.